Three held for smuggling gold worth over Rs 2 cr at airport
New Delhi: Three persons, including a father and his daughter, have been arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle into the country gold bars valuing over Rs two crore at airport here.
While the father and daughter had arrived from Doha, another man known to them had arrived from Dubai in another flight.
They were intercepted at the airport after their arrival by customs officials.
Officials did not find anything in their personal check and in baggage examination.
However, the officers found gold biscuits in trolleys being used by them to carry their luggages out of the airport, official sources said.
The customs officials recovered 9 gold biscuits of one kgs each and collectively valuing Rs 2.2 crore, they said.
The gold was seized and the trio were arrested, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh