Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants arrested
Srinagar: Three militants of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit were arrested by security forces in frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir on Saturday.
The three militants identified as Bilal Ahmad Wani,
Imran Ahmad Wani and Mohammad Ashraf Gogri, all residents of
Warpora Magam, were arrested by the troops of 6 Rashtriya
Rifles from Handwara, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman
He said one AK 56 rifle, two magazines, 60 rounds and
eight under barrel grenade launchers (UBGL) were recovered
The arrested persons were handed over to police who
have registered a case against them.
Police also arrested a sympathiser of Lashker-e-Toiba
militant outfit, Nazir Ahmad Mir, a resident of Pahaldogi from
main market Magam-Handwara along with two hand grenades today,
the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case against Mir, he added.
In a related incident, police assisted by troops of
36 Rashtriya Rifles busted a militant hideout at Danwasd
Gadool, 70 kms from here in Anantnag district of south Kashmir
and recovered utensils, blankets, sleeping bag, medicines and
Police has registered a case and started
investigations, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata