Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants arrested
Srinagar: Three militants of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit were arrested by security forces in frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir on Saturday.
The three militants identified as Bilal Ahmad Wani,
Imran Ahmad Wani and Mohammad Ashraf Gogri, all residents of
Warpora Magam, were arrested by the troops of 6 Rashtriya
Rifles from Handwara, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman
He said one AK 56 rifle, two magazines, 60 rounds and
eight under barrel grenade launchers (UBGL) were recovered
The arrested persons were handed over to police who
have registered a case against them.
Police also arrested a sympathiser of Lashker-e-Toiba
militant outfit, Nazir Ahmad Mir, a resident of Pahaldogi from
main market Magam-Handwara along with two hand grenades today,
the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case against Mir, he added.
In a related incident, police assisted by troops of
36 Rashtriya Rifles busted a militant hideout at Danwasd
Gadool, 70 kms from here in Anantnag district of south Kashmir
and recovered utensils, blankets, sleeping bag, medicines and
Police has registered a case and started
investigations, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!