Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants arrested
Srinagar: Three militants of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit were arrested by security forces in frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir on Saturday.
The three militants identified as Bilal Ahmad Wani,
Imran Ahmad Wani and Mohammad Ashraf Gogri, all residents of
Warpora Magam, were arrested by the troops of 6 Rashtriya
Rifles from Handwara, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman
He said one AK 56 rifle, two magazines, 60 rounds and
eight under barrel grenade launchers (UBGL) were recovered
The arrested persons were handed over to police who
have registered a case against them.
Police also arrested a sympathiser of Lashker-e-Toiba
militant outfit, Nazir Ahmad Mir, a resident of Pahaldogi from
main market Magam-Handwara along with two hand grenades today,
the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case against Mir, he added.
In a related incident, police assisted by troops of
36 Rashtriya Rifles busted a militant hideout at Danwasd
Gadool, 70 kms from here in Anantnag district of south Kashmir
and recovered utensils, blankets, sleeping bag, medicines and
Police has registered a case and started
investigations, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter