Three IAF personnel killed in Delhi road mishap
New Delhi: Three Air Force personnel were
killed and four persons, including a woman, injured when a
speeding luxury car rammed into a van on Rajpath on Sunday morning,
The incident took place at the Rajpath-Janpath crossing
near National Museum at around 9:30 am and the victims were on
way to Akshardham when the accident took place.
The deceased have been identified as Manish Chauhan (23),
Lakhan Das (38) and J K Chakravarty (48), while Chakravarty`s
wife Meenakshi (45), S S Vaisakh (24), Shailendra (23) and
Ajay (22) were injured in the mishap.
Except for Meenakshi, all others are employees of Indian
Air Force (IAF).
The victims` vehicle was heading towards the India Gate
when a Skoda car, driven by Nishant Kumar (26), going to
National Museum side from Connaught Place banged into it, they
Kumar has been arrested in connection with the mishap.
Chauhan died on the spot while two others succumbed to
their injuries in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital during treatment.
The injured are undergoing treatment in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan