Three IAF personnel killed in Delhi road mishap
New Delhi: Three Air Force personnel were
killed and four persons, including a woman, injured when a
speeding luxury car rammed into a van on Rajpath on Sunday morning,
The incident took place at the Rajpath-Janpath crossing
near National Museum at around 9:30 am and the victims were on
way to Akshardham when the accident took place.
The deceased have been identified as Manish Chauhan (23),
Lakhan Das (38) and J K Chakravarty (48), while Chakravarty`s
wife Meenakshi (45), S S Vaisakh (24), Shailendra (23) and
Ajay (22) were injured in the mishap.
Except for Meenakshi, all others are employees of Indian
Air Force (IAF).
The victims` vehicle was heading towards the India Gate
when a Skoda car, driven by Nishant Kumar (26), going to
National Museum side from Connaught Place banged into it, they
Kumar has been arrested in connection with the mishap.
Chauhan died on the spot while two others succumbed to
their injuries in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital during treatment.
The injured are undergoing treatment in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'