Three injured in cooking gas line blast in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Three people, including two women, were injured when a cooking gas pipeline exploded in their kitchen in a multi-storey building here during repair work on Saturday, said police. All the three were discharged from hospital after first aid.
The incident occurred during the repairs in the piped natural gas (PNG) pipeline in the kitchen of a third-floor flat at Raheja Atlantis apartments here in sector 31, said a police officer.
The injured were identified as domestic help Anjali, her employer Aashima and technician Abhishek who was examining the pipeline.
"The blast was of high intensity but was in opposite direction where all three were standing. Due to explosion, the kitchen was also damaged," Chief Fire Officer Mahender Bhardwaj told a news agency.
According to a public relations officer for the builders, repairs were taking place in the apartments over the last two days and the flat owners complained of non-availability of cooking gas supply afterwards. "The incident happened during checking the cause of the problem," said Dimple, the PRO.
She added that a third agency, other than the PNG dealer and maintenance agent, has been asked to probe the happening.
"We have received written complaints against Raheja Builders and the gas agency. We are probing the case," Sharwan Lal of sector 40 police station told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant