Three injured in cooking gas line blast in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Three people, including two women, were injured when a cooking gas pipeline exploded in their kitchen in a multi-storey building here during repair work on Saturday, said police. All the three were discharged from hospital after first aid.
The incident occurred during the repairs in the piped natural gas (PNG) pipeline in the kitchen of a third-floor flat at Raheja Atlantis apartments here in sector 31, said a police officer.
The injured were identified as domestic help Anjali, her employer Aashima and technician Abhishek who was examining the pipeline.
"The blast was of high intensity but was in opposite direction where all three were standing. Due to explosion, the kitchen was also damaged," Chief Fire Officer Mahender Bhardwaj told a news agency.
According to a public relations officer for the builders, repairs were taking place in the apartments over the last two days and the flat owners complained of non-availability of cooking gas supply afterwards. "The incident happened during checking the cause of the problem," said Dimple, the PRO.
She added that a third agency, other than the PNG dealer and maintenance agent, has been asked to probe the happening.
"We have received written complaints against Raheja Builders and the gas agency. We are probing the case," Sharwan Lal of sector 40 police station told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog