Three J&K natives accused of possessing fake currency let off
New Delhi: Three Jammu and Kashmir natives, facing trial for allegedly possessing fake currency, have been let off by a Delhi court due to the prosecution`s failure to prove charges against them.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao acquitted Jammu and Kashmir natives Ezaz Ahmad Wani, Shabeer Ahmad Peer and Nazeer Ahmed Khan of the charges of possessing and using forged currency as genuine under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
"I have no hesitation to conclude that prosecution has not been able to prove its case against all the accused persons under section 489B (using forged currency as genuine), 489C (possessing forged currency) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC," the judge said.
The prosecution case dated back to May 28, 2005, when the police, acting on a tip-off, had laid a trap and caught Wani and Peer near Hazrat Nizamuddin area here and found them in possession of fake Indian currency.
Police said Khan was arrested later in a different case and he had confessed to supplying fake currency notes to Wani and Peer, following which his arrest was effected in this case as well.
The three, on the other hand, had argued that they were innocent and had been falsely implicated.
The court acquitted them saying there was no evidence to prove that the fake currency were recovered from Wani and Peer or that they were supplied by Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown