Three juveniles of `tyre puncture gang` held in Delhi
New Delhi: Three juveniles were detained for their alleged involvement in stealing from vehicles after puncturing their tyres, police said Friday.
"The juveniles were apprehended Thursday from near Pushp Vihar in south Delhi. Diamond and gold jewellery worth Rs.1 crore was recovered from them," said a senior police officer.
"They used to identify vehicles which had bags or valuables on the passenger seat. They would puncture the vehicles tyres by throwing sharp metal pieces on the road. When the driver stopped his vehicle to check for a flat tyre, they would snatch the valuables and escape on motorcycles," police said.
Twenty such cases in Delhi and NCR have been worked out with their arrest, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note