Three juveniles of `tyre puncture gang` held in Delhi
New Delhi: Three juveniles were detained for their alleged involvement in stealing from vehicles after puncturing their tyres, police said Friday.
"The juveniles were apprehended Thursday from near Pushp Vihar in south Delhi. Diamond and gold jewellery worth Rs.1 crore was recovered from them," said a senior police officer.
"They used to identify vehicles which had bags or valuables on the passenger seat. They would puncture the vehicles tyres by throwing sharp metal pieces on the road. When the driver stopped his vehicle to check for a flat tyre, they would snatch the valuables and escape on motorcycles," police said.
Twenty such cases in Delhi and NCR have been worked out with their arrest, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley