Three juveniles of `tyre puncture gang` held in Delhi
New Delhi: Three juveniles were detained for their alleged involvement in stealing from vehicles after puncturing their tyres, police said Friday.
"The juveniles were apprehended Thursday from near Pushp Vihar in south Delhi. Diamond and gold jewellery worth Rs.1 crore was recovered from them," said a senior police officer.
"They used to identify vehicles which had bags or valuables on the passenger seat. They would puncture the vehicles tyres by throwing sharp metal pieces on the road. When the driver stopped his vehicle to check for a flat tyre, they would snatch the valuables and escape on motorcycles," police said.
Twenty such cases in Delhi and NCR have been worked out with their arrest, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials