Three juveniles of `tyre puncture gang` held in Delhi
New Delhi: Three juveniles were detained for their alleged involvement in stealing from vehicles after puncturing their tyres, police said Friday.
"The juveniles were apprehended Thursday from near Pushp Vihar in south Delhi. Diamond and gold jewellery worth Rs.1 crore was recovered from them," said a senior police officer.
"They used to identify vehicles which had bags or valuables on the passenger seat. They would puncture the vehicles tyres by throwing sharp metal pieces on the road. When the driver stopped his vehicle to check for a flat tyre, they would snatch the valuables and escape on motorcycles," police said.
Twenty such cases in Delhi and NCR have been worked out with their arrest, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya