Three Manipur youth thrashed for spitting in Delhi
New Delhi: Three youths from Manipur sustained injuries after they were ruthlessly thrashed by their neighbour and his son for "spitting" in front of their house.
The incident was reported from south Delhi`s Munirka area where Ronny, 25, Seijan Guite, 23, and Samson, 25, were thrashed by Adarsh Kumar, his son Ashish and some others. Ronny told police that he had accidentally swallowed a mosquito and immediately spat it out.
"When Adarsh saw it, he assumed that Rony had deliberately spat and started thrashing him and his friends along with 7-10 other locals," police said, quoting Ronny. According to the victims, the accused thrashed them with wooden sticks and iron rods. The three youth were taken to Safdarjung Hospital for treatment.
Doctors said that they all have received minor injuries. However, Seijan said a doctor told him that his eardrum has been damaged and he needs to undergo minor operation. A case has been against Adarsh and others have been registered at the Vasant Vihar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs