Three MBBS graduates held for impersonation
New Delhi: Three young MBBS graduates were arrested here for alleged impersonation in Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Screening Test, police said on Wednesday.
The arrested have been identified as N Shuhaib Khader (31), who hails from Kerala`s Tiroor town, Rajesh Gupta (31) from Bihar and Gorakhnath Giri (33) from UP, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West) A K Ojha said.
Gupta had appeared on behalf of Khader for the test held in Kendriya Vidyalaya II in Delhi Cantonment on March 31. It was Giri who helped Khader to find Gupta, police said.
"We got an information that one person, Rajesh Gupta, is appearing in place of Khader in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Screening Test. Gupta showed passport of Khader as identity proof after he pasting his own photo. He was arrested," Ojha said.
During interrogation, Gupta told police that he came in contact with Giri who allegedly persuaded him to appear in place of Khader and promised him Rs 2.5 lakh.
Giri and Khader were arrested on April one from New Delhi railway station when they were allegedly planning to leave Delhi.
Ojha said it came to light that Giri, who did his MBBS in 2007 and currently trying admission in a post graduate course, is the mastermind.
"Giri met some weak students who passed MBBS from Russia and other countries but were not getting success in qualifying test, which is mandatory. Khader, who had passed MBBS from Tajakistan in 2008 but was trying to clear the test for the past four years, met him.
"Giri demanded Rs 7 lakh from Khader to arrange another person for appearing on his behalf," Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood