Three MBBS graduates held for impersonation
New Delhi: Three young MBBS graduates were arrested here for alleged impersonation in Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Screening Test, police said on Wednesday.
The arrested have been identified as N Shuhaib Khader (31), who hails from Kerala`s Tiroor town, Rajesh Gupta (31) from Bihar and Gorakhnath Giri (33) from UP, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West) A K Ojha said.
Gupta had appeared on behalf of Khader for the test held in Kendriya Vidyalaya II in Delhi Cantonment on March 31. It was Giri who helped Khader to find Gupta, police said.
"We got an information that one person, Rajesh Gupta, is appearing in place of Khader in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Screening Test. Gupta showed passport of Khader as identity proof after he pasting his own photo. He was arrested," Ojha said.
During interrogation, Gupta told police that he came in contact with Giri who allegedly persuaded him to appear in place of Khader and promised him Rs 2.5 lakh.
Giri and Khader were arrested on April one from New Delhi railway station when they were allegedly planning to leave Delhi.
Ojha said it came to light that Giri, who did his MBBS in 2007 and currently trying admission in a post graduate course, is the mastermind.
"Giri met some weak students who passed MBBS from Russia and other countries but were not getting success in qualifying test, which is mandatory. Khader, who had passed MBBS from Tajakistan in 2008 but was trying to clear the test for the past four years, met him.
"Giri demanded Rs 7 lakh from Khader to arrange another person for appearing on his behalf," Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender