Three members of family shot dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple and their 26-year-old son were shot dead outside their house here due to a personal rivalry, police said Sunday.
Om Prakash Mishra, 50, his 45-year-old wife Shanti Devi and their son Amit Mishra alias Rinku were attacked by a group of men at their house in south Delhi`s Jaitpur area Saturday night.
Rinku died on the spot, while his parents died later at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Police said two attackers - Bir Singh and Sachin - who live in the same locality have been identified as the assailants but they are on the run.
Rinku`s elder brother Surjit told police that Bir Singh and Sachin had regular fights with his father and brother on petty issues including parking outside their house.
When Mishra, who worked in a garment manufacturing unit, returned home Saturday, he spotted Bir Singh and Sachin in a car carrying weapons in their hands.
He called both his sons on the phone cautioning them to be alert about the two, police said.
As Rinku reached home around 9.30 pm, both the attackers opened fire at him. He received three bullet injuries that led to his death on the spot.
On hearing the commotion, Mishra and Shanti Devi came out of the house and the attackers then opened fire at them and fled the scene.
On Sunday, residents blocked a road adjoining Mathura Road demanding the arrest of the accused. Police managed to calm them down after assurance of swift action into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!