Three minor girls rescued
Faridabad: Police on Saturday rescued three minor girls, who had run away from their homes after being enticed by the promise of marriage by members of a gang, and arrested a person in this connection.
One girl went missing last year, whereas the remaining two had left their houses in January this year, ACP Darshanlal Malik said.
Irfan was arrested, whereas his two accomplices managed to escape in the raid at Pilkhua area, he said adding, the three minors were also rescued in the operation.
The gang members enticed girls with the assurance of marriage and prompted them to run away from their homes, Malik said.
The police official said, the medical report has confirmed that one girl was pregnant.
The medical report of the two other minors was still awaited, he added.
Four other members of the gang have been identified and efforts are being made to arrest them at the earliest, Malik said.
Some of the members of the gang are named in murder case, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed