Three minor girls rescued
Faridabad: Police on Saturday rescued three minor girls, who had run away from their homes after being enticed by the promise of marriage by members of a gang, and arrested a person in this connection.
One girl went missing last year, whereas the remaining two had left their houses in January this year, ACP Darshanlal Malik said.
Irfan was arrested, whereas his two accomplices managed to escape in the raid at Pilkhua area, he said adding, the three minors were also rescued in the operation.
The gang members enticed girls with the assurance of marriage and prompted them to run away from their homes, Malik said.
The police official said, the medical report has confirmed that one girl was pregnant.
The medical report of the two other minors was still awaited, he added.
Four other members of the gang have been identified and efforts are being made to arrest them at the earliest, Malik said.
Some of the members of the gang are named in murder case, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday