Three minor girls rescued
Faridabad: Police on Saturday rescued three minor girls, who had run away from their homes after being enticed by the promise of marriage by members of a gang, and arrested a person in this connection.
One girl went missing last year, whereas the remaining two had left their houses in January this year, ACP Darshanlal Malik said.
Irfan was arrested, whereas his two accomplices managed to escape in the raid at Pilkhua area, he said adding, the three minors were also rescued in the operation.
The gang members enticed girls with the assurance of marriage and prompted them to run away from their homes, Malik said.
The police official said, the medical report has confirmed that one girl was pregnant.
The medical report of the two other minors was still awaited, he added.
Four other members of the gang have been identified and efforts are being made to arrest them at the earliest, Malik said.
Some of the members of the gang are named in murder case, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends