Three of family die in car crash in Delhi
New Delhi: Three of a family, including a nine-year-old boy, died when the car they were travelling in from Chandigarh to Faridabad rammed into a parked truck in the wee hours on Wednesday in the national capital, police said.
"Pushpa, 70, her daughter-in-law Ruchi, 45, and grandson Vedant died on the spot, while son Raushan, 50, was critically injured. The accident occurred on GT Karnal Road in the Swaroop Nagar area of north Delhi.”
Two other relatives who were in the car, identified as Reena, 20, and Aryan, 10, were injured in the accident, a police officer said.
The injured were taken to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, from where they were shifted to Fortis Hospital.
The truck was parked on the roadside.
Police said they impounded the truck and detained its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty