Three of family die in car crash in Delhi
New Delhi: Three of a family, including a nine-year-old boy, died when the car they were travelling in from Chandigarh to Faridabad rammed into a parked truck in the wee hours on Wednesday in the national capital, police said.
"Pushpa, 70, her daughter-in-law Ruchi, 45, and grandson Vedant died on the spot, while son Raushan, 50, was critically injured. The accident occurred on GT Karnal Road in the Swaroop Nagar area of north Delhi.”
Two other relatives who were in the car, identified as Reena, 20, and Aryan, 10, were injured in the accident, a police officer said.
The injured were taken to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, from where they were shifted to Fortis Hospital.
The truck was parked on the roadside.
Police said they impounded the truck and detained its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!