Three of family die in car crash in Delhi
New Delhi: Three of a family, including a nine-year-old boy, died when the car they were travelling in from Chandigarh to Faridabad rammed into a parked truck in the wee hours on Wednesday in the national capital, police said.
"Pushpa, 70, her daughter-in-law Ruchi, 45, and grandson Vedant died on the spot, while son Raushan, 50, was critically injured. The accident occurred on GT Karnal Road in the Swaroop Nagar area of north Delhi.”
Two other relatives who were in the car, identified as Reena, 20, and Aryan, 10, were injured in the accident, a police officer said.
The injured were taken to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, from where they were shifted to Fortis Hospital.
The truck was parked on the roadside.
Police said they impounded the truck and detained its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption