Three of family die in car crash in Delhi
New Delhi: Three of a family, including a nine-year-old boy, died when the car they were travelling in from Chandigarh to Faridabad rammed into a parked truck in the wee hours on Wednesday in the national capital, police said.
"Pushpa, 70, her daughter-in-law Ruchi, 45, and grandson Vedant died on the spot, while son Raushan, 50, was critically injured. The accident occurred on GT Karnal Road in the Swaroop Nagar area of north Delhi.”
Two other relatives who were in the car, identified as Reena, 20, and Aryan, 10, were injured in the accident, a police officer said.
The injured were taken to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, from where they were shifted to Fortis Hospital.
The truck was parked on the roadside.
Police said they impounded the truck and detained its driver.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times