Three of family die in car crash in Delhi
New Delhi: Three of a family, including a nine-year-old boy, died when the car they were travelling in from Chandigarh to Faridabad rammed into a parked truck in the wee hours on Wednesday in the national capital, police said.
"Pushpa, 70, her daughter-in-law Ruchi, 45, and grandson Vedant died on the spot, while son Raushan, 50, was critically injured. The accident occurred on GT Karnal Road in the Swaroop Nagar area of north Delhi.”
Two other relatives who were in the car, identified as Reena, 20, and Aryan, 10, were injured in the accident, a police officer said.
The injured were taken to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, from where they were shifted to Fortis Hospital.
The truck was parked on the roadside.
Police said they impounded the truck and detained its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia