Three rape cases registered in 36 hours in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police registered three separate rape cases, including a gang-rape, here in the capital in the last 36 hours, police said Monday.
In the first incident, a six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her 22-year-old neighbour in central Delhi`s Chandni Mahal area Sunday night.
The accused, identified as Rashid, was arrested late Sunday night after the victim reported the incident to her parents and they approached the police.
"The accused took the girl to his home and raped her," police said.
In the second incident, a 23-year-old woman was gang-raped by five to seven people in a moving private bus here in South Delhi`s Vasant Vihar area Sunday night.
The accused also beat up the victim and her boyfriend and threw them out of the bus near south Delhi`s Mahipalpur flyover after raping her.
The victim and her boyfriend boarded the bus at Munirka to go to Dwarka.
A hunt is on to nab the accused, while police have detained four suspects and registered a case regarding the incident.
The third rape case was reported by a 20-year-old girl Sunday from east Delhi`s New Ashok Nagar area.
The victim told police she was raped by her 28-year-old neighbour Nov 28, but she could not muster courage to inform police as the accused had threatened her with dire consequences.
A case regarding the incident was registered Sunday and the accused Shamim was arrested from his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy