Three stores robbed at gunpoint, shop attendant shot
Ghaziabad: Four bike-borne assailants allegedly robbed three stores of over Rs 40,000 at gunpoint and also shot at one shop employee, police said on Thursday.
The assailants struck at three stores last night and shot a bookstore attendant, triggering protests by the city`s trading community which sent a delegation to SP (city) Shiv Shankar Yadav over the matter.
According to Gopichand, the chairman of the city`s traders` body, the first attack took place around 8:50 PM at a sports merchandise showroom on Ambedkar Road.
According to store manager Lalit, faces of the robbers were covered by masks. They held the five workers there at gunpoint and robbed Rs 15,000 in cash, police said.
Their next target was a computer goods store in the Sher Singh Palace shopping complex where they threatened shop attendants Ramit and Sanjeev into parting with Rs 35,000.
In the same complex, the robbers took away Rs 2,500 and while fleeing, shot bookstore attendant Gaurav Arora in the hip. Arora has been admitted to hospital, police said.
SP Yadav said police had formed three teams of investigators to look into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price