Three suicides in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people, including a newly-married woman, committed suicide by hanging themselves in separate incidents here, police said on Saturday.
The body of Ramesh, 24, was found hanging in his house in West Delhi`s Mangolpuri on Saturday morning, police said.
"He had a heated argument with his family members on Friday night and went to his room and hanged himself," said a police officer.
"No suicide note was recovered. At the time of the incident, he was reportedly drunk," said the officer.
In another incident, Minto, 22, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his house in East Delhi`s Sonia Vihar on Friday evening, police said.
No suicide note was found but inquiries suggested he was depressed, police said.
On Wednesday, Nilofer, 25, who recently married Shamshad, 30, a teacher in a private engineering institute, hanged herself in her house in west Delhi`s Mundka, police said.
She hailed from Bihar and shifted to Delhi on March 11, police said, adding that the victim did not leave behind any suicide note.
The victim`s husband was arrested for dowry harassment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video