Three suicides in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people, including a newly-married woman, committed suicide by hanging themselves in separate incidents here, police said on Saturday.
The body of Ramesh, 24, was found hanging in his house in West Delhi`s Mangolpuri on Saturday morning, police said.
"He had a heated argument with his family members on Friday night and went to his room and hanged himself," said a police officer.
"No suicide note was recovered. At the time of the incident, he was reportedly drunk," said the officer.
In another incident, Minto, 22, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his house in East Delhi`s Sonia Vihar on Friday evening, police said.
No suicide note was found but inquiries suggested he was depressed, police said.
On Wednesday, Nilofer, 25, who recently married Shamshad, 30, a teacher in a private engineering institute, hanged herself in her house in west Delhi`s Mundka, police said.
She hailed from Bihar and shifted to Delhi on March 11, police said, adding that the victim did not leave behind any suicide note.
The victim`s husband was arrested for dowry harassment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'
- After Dutee Chand, sprinter Srabani Nanda qualifies for Rio Olympics