Three suicides in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people, including a newly-married woman, committed suicide by hanging themselves in separate incidents here, police said on Saturday.
The body of Ramesh, 24, was found hanging in his house in West Delhi`s Mangolpuri on Saturday morning, police said.
"He had a heated argument with his family members on Friday night and went to his room and hanged himself," said a police officer.
"No suicide note was recovered. At the time of the incident, he was reportedly drunk," said the officer.
In another incident, Minto, 22, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his house in East Delhi`s Sonia Vihar on Friday evening, police said.
No suicide note was found but inquiries suggested he was depressed, police said.
On Wednesday, Nilofer, 25, who recently married Shamshad, 30, a teacher in a private engineering institute, hanged herself in her house in west Delhi`s Mundka, police said.
She hailed from Bihar and shifted to Delhi on March 11, police said, adding that the victim did not leave behind any suicide note.
The victim`s husband was arrested for dowry harassment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'