Three suicides in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people, including a newly-married woman, committed suicide by hanging themselves in separate incidents here, police said on Saturday.
The body of Ramesh, 24, was found hanging in his house in West Delhi`s Mangolpuri on Saturday morning, police said.
"He had a heated argument with his family members on Friday night and went to his room and hanged himself," said a police officer.
"No suicide note was recovered. At the time of the incident, he was reportedly drunk," said the officer.
In another incident, Minto, 22, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his house in East Delhi`s Sonia Vihar on Friday evening, police said.
No suicide note was found but inquiries suggested he was depressed, police said.
On Wednesday, Nilofer, 25, who recently married Shamshad, 30, a teacher in a private engineering institute, hanged herself in her house in west Delhi`s Mundka, police said.
She hailed from Bihar and shifted to Delhi on March 11, police said, adding that the victim did not leave behind any suicide note.
The victim`s husband was arrested for dowry harassment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days