Thunderstorm likely but Delhi to be hot
New Delhi: Delhiites can look forward to thunderstorms and light rains on Saturday but the city might not get much respite from the heat thanks to the humidity, a weather official said.
"The capital will experience thunderly developments towards evening or night with a possibility of duststorm and thunderstorm followed by light rains in some areas," the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
But the maximum temperature will hover around 40 degrees Celsius.
"The heat is due to the humidity level, which is around 60 percent, after Friday`s rains," an official said.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 27.4 degrees Celsius, which is two degrees below normal for this time of the year.
Pre-monsoon showers on Friday cooled the capital, bringing down the temperature by several notches.
The monsoon is expected to hit Delhi June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog