Thunderstorm likely but Delhi to be hot
New Delhi: Delhiites can look forward to thunderstorms and light rains on Saturday but the city might not get much respite from the heat thanks to the humidity, a weather official said.
"The capital will experience thunderly developments towards evening or night with a possibility of duststorm and thunderstorm followed by light rains in some areas," the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
But the maximum temperature will hover around 40 degrees Celsius.
"The heat is due to the humidity level, which is around 60 percent, after Friday`s rains," an official said.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 27.4 degrees Celsius, which is two degrees below normal for this time of the year.
Pre-monsoon showers on Friday cooled the capital, bringing down the temperature by several notches.
The monsoon is expected to hit Delhi June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP
- After clinching historic silver medal, here's what PV Sindhu was allowed to do by coach Pullela Gopichand
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?