Thunderstorm likely but Delhi to be hot
New Delhi: Delhiites can look forward to thunderstorms and light rains on Saturday but the city might not get much respite from the heat thanks to the humidity, a weather official said.
"The capital will experience thunderly developments towards evening or night with a possibility of duststorm and thunderstorm followed by light rains in some areas," the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
But the maximum temperature will hover around 40 degrees Celsius.
"The heat is due to the humidity level, which is around 60 percent, after Friday`s rains," an official said.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 27.4 degrees Celsius, which is two degrees below normal for this time of the year.
Pre-monsoon showers on Friday cooled the capital, bringing down the temperature by several notches.
The monsoon is expected to hit Delhi June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley