Thunderstorm likely but Delhi to be hot
New Delhi: Delhiites can look forward to thunderstorms and light rains on Saturday but the city might not get much respite from the heat thanks to the humidity, a weather official said.
"The capital will experience thunderly developments towards evening or night with a possibility of duststorm and thunderstorm followed by light rains in some areas," the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
But the maximum temperature will hover around 40 degrees Celsius.
"The heat is due to the humidity level, which is around 60 percent, after Friday`s rains," an official said.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 27.4 degrees Celsius, which is two degrees below normal for this time of the year.
Pre-monsoon showers on Friday cooled the capital, bringing down the temperature by several notches.
The monsoon is expected to hit Delhi June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees