Tihar inmate`s mysterious death: Court`s inquest proceedings on
New Delhi: A Delhi court has launched inquest into the mysterious death of an undertrial barely five days after he was lodged in Tihar Jail.
Metropolitan Magistrate Naresh Kumar Laka is conducting an inquest proceedings into the death of Raj Kumar who died at at DDU Hospital
Central Delhi resident Kumar, 46, was arrested on May 10 after he was found in possession of illicit liquor. A case under the Excise Act was registered against him and he was remanded in judicial custody by a court here.
Barely five days in judicial custody, Kumar was allegedly rushed to DDU hospital, without any complaint of ill health. He, however, died after a week of hospitalisation.
The doctor`s report showed certain injury marks on Kumar`s person.
Adding to the suspicious nature of Kumar`s death was the fact that his family was not informed of his hospitalisation and it was informed only after his death, said the court sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what