Tihar inmate`s mysterious death: Court`s inquest proceedings on
New Delhi: A Delhi court has launched inquest into the mysterious death of an undertrial barely five days after he was lodged in Tihar Jail.
Metropolitan Magistrate Naresh Kumar Laka is conducting an inquest proceedings into the death of Raj Kumar who died at at DDU Hospital
Central Delhi resident Kumar, 46, was arrested on May 10 after he was found in possession of illicit liquor. A case under the Excise Act was registered against him and he was remanded in judicial custody by a court here.
Barely five days in judicial custody, Kumar was allegedly rushed to DDU hospital, without any complaint of ill health. He, however, died after a week of hospitalisation.
The doctor`s report showed certain injury marks on Kumar`s person.
Adding to the suspicious nature of Kumar`s death was the fact that his family was not informed of his hospitalisation and it was informed only after his death, said the court sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre