Tihar inmate`s mysterious death: Court`s inquest proceedings on
New Delhi: A Delhi court has launched inquest into the mysterious death of an undertrial barely five days after he was lodged in Tihar Jail.
Metropolitan Magistrate Naresh Kumar Laka is conducting an inquest proceedings into the death of Raj Kumar who died at at DDU Hospital
Central Delhi resident Kumar, 46, was arrested on May 10 after he was found in possession of illicit liquor. A case under the Excise Act was registered against him and he was remanded in judicial custody by a court here.
Barely five days in judicial custody, Kumar was allegedly rushed to DDU hospital, without any complaint of ill health. He, however, died after a week of hospitalisation.
The doctor`s report showed certain injury marks on Kumar`s person.
Adding to the suspicious nature of Kumar`s death was the fact that his family was not informed of his hospitalisation and it was informed only after his death, said the court sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'