Tihar inmate`s mysterious death: Court`s inquest proceedings on
New Delhi: A Delhi court has launched inquest into the mysterious death of an undertrial barely five days after he was lodged in Tihar Jail.
Metropolitan Magistrate Naresh Kumar Laka is conducting an inquest proceedings into the death of Raj Kumar who died at at DDU Hospital
Central Delhi resident Kumar, 46, was arrested on May 10 after he was found in possession of illicit liquor. A case under the Excise Act was registered against him and he was remanded in judicial custody by a court here.
Barely five days in judicial custody, Kumar was allegedly rushed to DDU hospital, without any complaint of ill health. He, however, died after a week of hospitalisation.
The doctor`s report showed certain injury marks on Kumar`s person.
Adding to the suspicious nature of Kumar`s death was the fact that his family was not informed of his hospitalisation and it was informed only after his death, said the court sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming