Tihar jail inmates celebrate Holi with herbal colours
New Delhi: Tihar Jail prisoners on Sunday
celebrated Holi using herbal colours and sweets made by their
Senior jail officials joined hundreds of inmates in the
morning as they smeared herbal colours on each other and
A special lunch was also arranged. The menu included
halwa, vegetables, parathas and pulao, a senior jail official
The herbal colours were prepared using flower petals
along with food grade colours and natural fragrances.
At various sub-jails, there were musical programmes and
"hasya kavi sammelan".
The Tihar Jail, the biggest prison in Asia, houses
over 11,000 prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray