Tihar jail inmates celebrate Holi with herbal colours
New Delhi: Tihar Jail prisoners on Sunday
celebrated Holi using herbal colours and sweets made by their
Senior jail officials joined hundreds of inmates in the
morning as they smeared herbal colours on each other and
A special lunch was also arranged. The menu included
halwa, vegetables, parathas and pulao, a senior jail official
The herbal colours were prepared using flower petals
along with food grade colours and natural fragrances.
At various sub-jails, there were musical programmes and
"hasya kavi sammelan".
The Tihar Jail, the biggest prison in Asia, houses
over 11,000 prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble