Tihar jail inmates celebrate Holi with herbal colours
New Delhi: Tihar Jail prisoners on Sunday
celebrated Holi using herbal colours and sweets made by their
Senior jail officials joined hundreds of inmates in the
morning as they smeared herbal colours on each other and
A special lunch was also arranged. The menu included
halwa, vegetables, parathas and pulao, a senior jail official
The herbal colours were prepared using flower petals
along with food grade colours and natural fragrances.
At various sub-jails, there were musical programmes and
"hasya kavi sammelan".
The Tihar Jail, the biggest prison in Asia, houses
over 11,000 prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview