Tihar jail inmates celebrate Holi with herbal colours
New Delhi: Tihar Jail prisoners on Sunday
celebrated Holi using herbal colours and sweets made by their
Senior jail officials joined hundreds of inmates in the
morning as they smeared herbal colours on each other and
A special lunch was also arranged. The menu included
halwa, vegetables, parathas and pulao, a senior jail official
The herbal colours were prepared using flower petals
along with food grade colours and natural fragrances.
At various sub-jails, there were musical programmes and
"hasya kavi sammelan".
The Tihar Jail, the biggest prison in Asia, houses
over 11,000 prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed