Tihar jail planning 2nd round of campus placement
New Delhi: Tihar jail is planning to go
for a second round of campus placement interview of its
eligible inmates by the end of this year.
Inspired by the success of the first recruitment drive
that was carried out on Februray 25 in the prison premises,
wherein 43 inmates were hired by different companies,
authorities have begun preparations for another round of
campus interview to be conducted after the month of June.
"We are planning a second round of campus interview of
our next batch of eligible inmates. But this will happen only
after the month of June when their annual exam results are
out," Neeraj kumar, DG Tihar Prisons said.
"Many inmates have enrolled in different professional
courses from IGNOU and the annual exam is to happen in June
whose results will be out the following month. After that we
will go for a rigorous training of those inmates who have
qualified in the test and are eligible in all ways for
undertaking a campus interview," he said.
Ten companies which have absorbed some of the convicts
recently, have selected inmates for senior positions in their
offices. The pay package offered by some is also excellent.
Some of the inmates have been hired for a pay package of Rs
five to six lakh annually.
"After the news of the first successful recruitment
drive spread to different territories of the city, many
companies have approached us expressing their desire to hire
our inmates. This has encouraged us to take another plunge,"
Sunil Gupta, spokesperson, Tihar Prisons said.
The DG said that the first campus selection was the
brain child of jail superintendent No. 3, M K Diwedi.
"I saw that very less number of convicts took interest
in enrolling in the courses offered by IGNOU. According to
them, it would be a futile exercise to study as it would not
help them get a job. It was then that I decided that I would
not allow their education go waste and started talking to
different companies for hiring them. It took time but then we
attained success this year finally," he said.
Diwedi said, "After the success of the first
placement, many companies have come ahead and asked us as to
when do we plan to go for another. All will depend on the
annual results to be out by June, July this year."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?