Tihar jail planning 2nd round of campus placement
New Delhi: Tihar jail is planning to go
for a second round of campus placement interview of its
eligible inmates by the end of this year.
Inspired by the success of the first recruitment drive
that was carried out on Februray 25 in the prison premises,
wherein 43 inmates were hired by different companies,
authorities have begun preparations for another round of
campus interview to be conducted after the month of June.
"We are planning a second round of campus interview of
our next batch of eligible inmates. But this will happen only
after the month of June when their annual exam results are
out," Neeraj kumar, DG Tihar Prisons said.
"Many inmates have enrolled in different professional
courses from IGNOU and the annual exam is to happen in June
whose results will be out the following month. After that we
will go for a rigorous training of those inmates who have
qualified in the test and are eligible in all ways for
undertaking a campus interview," he said.
Ten companies which have absorbed some of the convicts
recently, have selected inmates for senior positions in their
offices. The pay package offered by some is also excellent.
Some of the inmates have been hired for a pay package of Rs
five to six lakh annually.
"After the news of the first successful recruitment
drive spread to different territories of the city, many
companies have approached us expressing their desire to hire
our inmates. This has encouraged us to take another plunge,"
Sunil Gupta, spokesperson, Tihar Prisons said.
The DG said that the first campus selection was the
brain child of jail superintendent No. 3, M K Diwedi.
"I saw that very less number of convicts took interest
in enrolling in the courses offered by IGNOU. According to
them, it would be a futile exercise to study as it would not
help them get a job. It was then that I decided that I would
not allow their education go waste and started talking to
different companies for hiring them. It took time but then we
attained success this year finally," he said.
Diwedi said, "After the success of the first
placement, many companies have come ahead and asked us as to
when do we plan to go for another. All will depend on the
annual results to be out by June, July this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...