Tihar to have its own Indian Idol
New Delhi: Inmates lodged in Tihar will
strike a different note and get their own `Indian Idol` as a
singing talent hunt will soon be organised in the jails.
A production house --RVP Directors-- is looking for
singers, song writers and musicians amongst inmates lodged in
all the nine jails of the Tihar Prisons and will soon conduct
audition for the same inside the prison complex.
Expected to take off in a week`s time, the selected
`Tihar Idol` will be involved in developing four albums
comprising of punjabi track, hindi, devotional songs and hindi
oldies. The musician, the singer and the song composer, all
the persons involved in developing the album will be selected
from amongst the inmates, R N Sharma, DIG, Tihar Prisons said.
"RVP Directors came forward with the idea after they read
about our launch of sarangi maestro Kamal Sabri`s music album
"Sarangi Redefined" in Tihar which features vocals and music
by Tihar`s inmates. So as we have our Indian Idol, here we
will have our own `Tihar Idol`," Sharma said.
Sunil Gupta, spokesperson Tihar Prisons said, "Our
inmates are talented lot and this we are doing as part of the
reformation programme. Their talent must get an opportunity.
It will in a way help in stopping them from being repeat
"We had read the DG Prisons, Neeraj Kumar`s interest in
developing rockbands from within the prisons. The album
already released has various genres, including Indian
classical, folk, jazz, rap and more. If there is talent inside
the prison then why not explore it," Rahul Suneja, owner of
RVP Directors said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?