Tihar undertrial alleges sexual abuse by inmates
New Delhi: An undertrial prisoner has alleged that two inmates sexually abused him inside Tihar jail and a case has been registered in this regard, police said on Sunday.
The 32-year-old victim, who is lodged in Tihar jail number 5, claimed that he had an argument with a jail official in May. He alleged that an inmate and the official demanded money from him and when he refused, he was threatened.
The victim was taken to a barrack, undressed and beaten up.
He was also sexually abused by the male inmates, he alleged.
The incident came to light when he was produced in a court.
On the directions of the court, police conducted medical examination which confirmed sexual abuse.
Following this a case was registered three days ago.
No one has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir