Tihar undertrial alleges sexual abuse by inmates
New Delhi: An undertrial prisoner has alleged that two inmates sexually abused him inside Tihar jail and a case has been registered in this regard, police said on Sunday.
The 32-year-old victim, who is lodged in Tihar jail number 5, claimed that he had an argument with a jail official in May. He alleged that an inmate and the official demanded money from him and when he refused, he was threatened.
The victim was taken to a barrack, undressed and beaten up.
He was also sexually abused by the male inmates, he alleged.
The incident came to light when he was produced in a court.
On the directions of the court, police conducted medical examination which confirmed sexual abuse.
Following this a case was registered three days ago.
No one has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player