Tihar undertrial alleges sexual abuse by inmates
New Delhi: An undertrial prisoner has alleged that two inmates sexually abused him inside Tihar jail and a case has been registered in this regard, police said on Sunday.
The 32-year-old victim, who is lodged in Tihar jail number 5, claimed that he had an argument with a jail official in May. He alleged that an inmate and the official demanded money from him and when he refused, he was threatened.
The victim was taken to a barrack, undressed and beaten up.
He was also sexually abused by the male inmates, he alleged.
The incident came to light when he was produced in a court.
On the directions of the court, police conducted medical examination which confirmed sexual abuse.
Following this a case was registered three days ago.
No one has been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living