Tihar`s IAS aspirants all set for a second attempt
New Delhi: Failure to crack the civil services exam this time around has not dampened the spirits of three inmates of Tihar Prisons, including a murder convict and an IITian, who are now planning to go for a second attempt.
Siddharth Singh Sidar from Chhattisgarh, who once trained IAS aspirants and is now undergoing imprisonment for cheating, Amit Jha from Bihar, who was held for kidnapping, and Sandeep from Uttar Pradesh, serving life imprisonment in a murder
case, undertook the civil services preliminary examinations on June 12.
"All three have not succeeded in their first attempt. They were initially disheartened. But there are many who have succeeded after repeated attempts and I am one of them. We told them that and they are now determined to attempt again," MK Diwedi, superintendent of Jail Number 3, Tihar Prisons said.
"It is unfortunate that they did not make it in the first attempt but we wish them the best and assure them of all support for their second attempt. Even the convict who qualified the civil services examination in 2009 had succeed after he failed in his first attempt," Neeraj Kumar, DG, Tihar Prisons said.
Sidar, an IITian from Kharagpur, and Jha came to Delhi to prepare for civil services before they were jailed. All three are lodged inside Jail No 3 of the Tihar Prison.
With no coaching centres at their disposal, they were relying on self study and turned to Sidar, who once trained IAS aspirants, for help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof