Time for Congress government to go: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing Sheila Dikshit government of failing on every front, BJP on Saturday said it was time the Congress was ousted from power in Delhi to relieve the common man of their troubles.
Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad, while speaking at a meeting of party workers, accused the Delhi Government of total failure in checking rising tariff of power and water as well addressing security concerns of the people.
"It is time for a change in the government at the state and the Centre to relieve the common man from their troubles," he said asking the party workers to work hard to oust the Dikshit government in the assembly polls.
"The UPA Government is so tainted with scams that every other day one scam or the other pops out, no matter how much they try to cover each of them up," said Prasad.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel said the city government was not interested in reducing the prices of power and water.
"We can assure you if the BJP comes to power, the prices of power of water will be slashed by 30 per cent," he said.
The BJP also lent its support to Nirpreet Kaur who is on an indefinite fast at the Jantar Mantar to protest the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in the 1984 Sikh Riots, declaring that its leaders will join her.
This came a day after BJP leader Vijender Gupta had to leave the Jantar Mantar venue after some people objected to his presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender