Time for Congress government to go: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing Sheila Dikshit government of failing on every front, BJP on Saturday said it was time the Congress was ousted from power in Delhi to relieve the common man of their troubles.
Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad, while speaking at a meeting of party workers, accused the Delhi Government of total failure in checking rising tariff of power and water as well addressing security concerns of the people.
"It is time for a change in the government at the state and the Centre to relieve the common man from their troubles," he said asking the party workers to work hard to oust the Dikshit government in the assembly polls.
"The UPA Government is so tainted with scams that every other day one scam or the other pops out, no matter how much they try to cover each of them up," said Prasad.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel said the city government was not interested in reducing the prices of power and water.
"We can assure you if the BJP comes to power, the prices of power of water will be slashed by 30 per cent," he said.
The BJP also lent its support to Nirpreet Kaur who is on an indefinite fast at the Jantar Mantar to protest the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in the 1984 Sikh Riots, declaring that its leaders will join her.
This came a day after BJP leader Vijender Gupta had to leave the Jantar Mantar venue after some people objected to his presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued