Time for Congress government to go: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing Sheila Dikshit government of failing on every front, BJP on Saturday said it was time the Congress was ousted from power in Delhi to relieve the common man of their troubles.
Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad, while speaking at a meeting of party workers, accused the Delhi Government of total failure in checking rising tariff of power and water as well addressing security concerns of the people.
"It is time for a change in the government at the state and the Centre to relieve the common man from their troubles," he said asking the party workers to work hard to oust the Dikshit government in the assembly polls.
"The UPA Government is so tainted with scams that every other day one scam or the other pops out, no matter how much they try to cover each of them up," said Prasad.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel said the city government was not interested in reducing the prices of power and water.
"We can assure you if the BJP comes to power, the prices of power of water will be slashed by 30 per cent," he said.
The BJP also lent its support to Nirpreet Kaur who is on an indefinite fast at the Jantar Mantar to protest the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in the 1984 Sikh Riots, declaring that its leaders will join her.
This came a day after BJP leader Vijender Gupta had to leave the Jantar Mantar venue after some people objected to his presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH