`Title issue over Wakf prop to be solved soon`
New Delhi: Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Thursday expressed hope that the title issue over 123 Wakf properties in Delhi which are under the control of the government will be solved soon.
Khurshid informed the meeting of Central Wakf Council that after the direction of Delhi High Court in the case of 123 Wakf properties of Delhi, the Urban Development Ministry
was working on it and he himself was in touch with them.
"I am in touch with the ministry and hope that the matter will be resolved legally," he told reporters here.
On the question of re-unification of Punjab Wakf Board, the meeting decided that the Planning and Advisory Committee of the Central Wakf Council would examine the matter
thoroughly and accordingly advice would be given to the Centre.
In this connection, consultation would be made with the State Governments and others also.
Khurshid told the meeting that he hoped that the Council would play an important role in resolving the pending issues of Wakf.
He said that in view of the Wakf Amendment Bill, which is now before the Select Committee of the Parliament, the present Council has very significant role to play on the question of development of Wakf properties and computerization of Wakf Boards.
After the Amendment, the role of the Council is likely to enlarge making it more effective, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections