TM MP takes to twitter to vent out anger over fare
New Delhi: `Sorry, cannot agree,` tweeted Trinamool Congress leader Derek O`Brien on Wednesday opposing the fare hike proposed by his party colleague and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi.
O`Brien said hike in fare for upper classes may be okay but there was no justification for effecting the increase across the board.
"Railway Budget...what was all that about increasing fares across the board? Upper class...maybe ok...but all..? Sorry, cannot agree," he said on Twitter.
Replying to a tweet whether he disagreed with the Union Minister on fare hike O`Brien said, "Yes, our party has issues on content."
In his budget speech, Trivedi announced hike in passenger fares ranging from 2 paisa per kilometre to 30 paisa per kilometre in various categories of trains.
His party TMC strongly opposed the hike and demanded a roll-back. Minister of State for Health Sudip Bandopadhyay said that the TMC MPs asked the Railway Minister to roll-back the fare hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video