TM MP takes to twitter to vent out anger over fare
New Delhi: `Sorry, cannot agree,` tweeted Trinamool Congress leader Derek O`Brien on Wednesday opposing the fare hike proposed by his party colleague and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi.
O`Brien said hike in fare for upper classes may be okay but there was no justification for effecting the increase across the board.
"Railway Budget...what was all that about increasing fares across the board? Upper class...maybe ok...but all..? Sorry, cannot agree," he said on Twitter.
Replying to a tweet whether he disagreed with the Union Minister on fare hike O`Brien said, "Yes, our party has issues on content."
In his budget speech, Trivedi announced hike in passenger fares ranging from 2 paisa per kilometre to 30 paisa per kilometre in various categories of trains.
His party TMC strongly opposed the hike and demanded a roll-back. Minister of State for Health Sudip Bandopadhyay said that the TMC MPs asked the Railway Minister to roll-back the fare hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'