TM MP takes to twitter to vent out anger over fare
New Delhi: `Sorry, cannot agree,` tweeted Trinamool Congress leader Derek O`Brien on Wednesday opposing the fare hike proposed by his party colleague and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi.
O`Brien said hike in fare for upper classes may be okay but there was no justification for effecting the increase across the board.
"Railway Budget...what was all that about increasing fares across the board? Upper class...maybe ok...but all..? Sorry, cannot agree," he said on Twitter.
Replying to a tweet whether he disagreed with the Union Minister on fare hike O`Brien said, "Yes, our party has issues on content."
In his budget speech, Trivedi announced hike in passenger fares ranging from 2 paisa per kilometre to 30 paisa per kilometre in various categories of trains.
His party TMC strongly opposed the hike and demanded a roll-back. Minister of State for Health Sudip Bandopadhyay said that the TMC MPs asked the Railway Minister to roll-back the fare hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY