Toll free movement fails to prevent traffic jams at DND
Noida: Commuters moving towards Delhi from here on Monday got stuck in traffic jams at DND flyway even after the movement through the toll bridge made free during peak hours.
Long queues of vehicles were witnessed from toll plaza till Ashram end during peak hours (from 9 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 7 pm).
In the Noida city, traffic jam was till the Film City area.
Last Saturday, the DND flyway management has made it toll free during peak hours till February 22 for people moving towards the national capital from Noida, following a request by the police in this regard to prevent long traffic jams.
The decision was taken as the Kalindi Kunj Yamuna Bridge has been closed on Noida to Delhi route for repair work till February 22, forcing the authorities to divert the traffic to DND flyway which led to long traffic jams at Noida toll plaza and in the city.
As commuters were aware about the toll free movement majority of them took the DND route instead of Nizammuddin route.
This led to traffic chaos as all the traffic got struck at Ashram end. Soon the queue touched the toll plaza.
"Unless the Ashram chowk bottleneck is cleared, toll free movement too will not be able to check the traffic jams. Instead it leads to more chaos as traffic volume increases due to free movement," said Ravinder Singh one of the resident.
"Instead of making DND toll free at scheduled period authorities should make toll free movement on the DND whenever the queue is more than 40 vehicles during peak hours," opined another resident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir