Top Delhi Metro official resigns
New Delhi: A top official of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) overseeing the construction of key Phase-III projects has resigned from his post, it was announced Thursday.
"Kumar Keshav, director (project and planning), resigned on personal grounds. His resignation has been accepted by the board of directors in a meeting held Thursday," a DMRC official said.
"Kumar Keshav joined DMRC in 2002 on deputation from Indian Railways and will continue to work with DMRC till May," the official said.
Keshav, 52, was handling key projects in the upcoming Phase III of Delhi Metro and his resignation might create a serious crisis, said a DMRC official not wishing to be identified.
The 103.5-km Phase III is likely to be completed by 2016. Delhi Metro, in this phase, aims to link Mukundpur to Yamuna Vihar, Janakpuri West to Kalindi Kunj, Central Secretariat to Kashmere Gate and Jahangirpuri to Badli.
The Mukundpur corridor will be the longest route at 56 km with 35 stations. The Janakpuri West-Munirka-Kalindi Kunj corridor will be 34-km long and have 22 stations.
Currently, Delhi Metro makes over 2,400 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on working days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?