Top IAF commanders to review infrastructure in NE, North
New Delhi: The top commanders of Indian Air Force (IAF), over the next three days, will review the
infrastructure development in North and North Eastern regions
to ensure deployment of its assets in forward areas to support
Indian Army in challenging conditions.
Chaired by Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne, the three
day Commanders Conference of IAF began here today to discuss
issues related to force modernization and capability
enhancement to respond effectively during challenging times.
"The IAF is witnessing unprecedented phase of
modernization and capability enhancement and can effectively
respond to any attempt at undermining India`s national
security," Browne said while addressing the Conference.
The conference is being attended by the Chiefs of IAFs
seven commands and the Principal Staff Officers (PSOs).
"Emphasis would be on infrastructural development in
North and North Eastern region to improve response time
through forward basing of armed forces` assets and supporting
the Indian Army in challenging conditions," IAF officials
Over the next three days, the commanders would discuss
aspects related to infrastructure development and enhancing
the capability of air warriors, the officials said.
Observing that transformation in IAF includes induction
of force multipliers and air mobility platforms, IAF chief
Browne said the process can be witnessed in all facets of
capability building in the force.
"The transformational change can be witnessed in all
facets of capability building that include not only combat
platforms but also induction of force multipliers and air
mobility platforms to provide strategic reach and operational
flexibility," the IAF Chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report