Top Maoist leader arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A Polit Bureau member of CPI
(Maoist), heading its publication wing was arrested here
today, police said.
Kobad Gandhi, who was also spreading the organisation
in urban areas, was caught by the Special Cell of Delhi
Police following an input received from intelligence agencies,
However, they refused to divulge from where he was
A member of the Polit Bureau, the top decision making
body of the CPI (Maoist), Gandhi was also in charge of the sub
committee on mass organisations and spreading its influence in
the urban areas.
Sources said he was also in touch with foreign extreme
left organisations to get international recognition for his
Demand for unconditional release of Kobad
Top Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias
Kishenji on Monday night demanded the unconditional release of party
leader Kobad Gandhi who was arrested in Delhi.
Kishneji claimed that Gandhi was a post-graduate of
Harvard University and an ideological leader besides being an
important functionary of the banned organisation.
"The government should release him immediately," he said.
Gandhi, a Parsi, was in charge of a CPI(Maoist) committee
on mass organisations for spreading its influence in
urban areas, besides the publication wing.
He was apprehended by the Special Cell of Delhi Police
last night following following information from intelligence
agencies, police said.
Gandhi has been remanded to judicial custody for 14 days
after being produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi