Top police brass from Delhi, neighbouring states meet
New Delhi: Senior police officials of Delhi and neighbouring states met here on Friday discuss issues related to policing in NCR and decided to increase cooperation among them.
The meeting, chaired by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, was held against the backdrop of Independence Day celebrations next month. The meeting was attended by senior police officials from Haryana, UP, Punjab, Uttrakhand and Rajasthan.
A senior police official said the objective of the meeting was sharing of terror related intelligence and inputs about various extremist outfits and their designs in view of forthcoming Independence Day.
Kumar stressed on increasing police presence, intensive checking at vulnerable points, tenant verification, guest house checking and sensitisation of cyber cafe owners, second-hand car dealers, transporters, property dealers, cycle sellers and chemical dealersin order to strengthen the counter terrorism measures.
Information on high profile interstate criminal and their modus operandi was also exchanged.
A compendium containing profiles of residents of Mewat in Haryana who were found indulging in criminal activities in Delhi was circulated to the participants in this regard.
The meeting emphasised on the need for surveillance of interstate criminal, repeat offenders and gangs involved in heinous offence.
To increase scrutiny at borders check posts besides putting strong pickets at border points was also stressed upon.
It was decided to educate Transporters to install GPS System for safety and security of their vehicles. Issues of human trafficking, missing children and proliferation of fake Indian currency note (FICN) and smuggling of Arms were also deliberated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS