Top priority is Air India regaining financial muscle: Ravi
New Delhi: Newly-appointed Civil Aviation
Minister Vayalar Ravi today said his top priority would be to
ensure that financially ailing Air India gets back its lost
glory and all flights are on time.
"My long term goal would be to restore the lost glory
of Air India and bring back its financial strength. I would
also strive to motivate the employees of the airline," Ravi
told PTI from Kochi soon after he was given additional charge
of the Civil Aviation Ministry.
He said he would also work closely with all airlines to
ensure on-time performance of all flights.
"I am very grateful to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and Congress President Sonia Gandhi for reposing faith and
trust on me for giving me such a big responsibility," Ravi
said in reply to questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi