Top priority is Air India regaining financial muscle: Ravi
New Delhi: Newly-appointed Civil Aviation
Minister Vayalar Ravi today said his top priority would be to
ensure that financially ailing Air India gets back its lost
glory and all flights are on time.
"My long term goal would be to restore the lost glory
of Air India and bring back its financial strength. I would
also strive to motivate the employees of the airline," Ravi
told PTI from Kochi soon after he was given additional charge
of the Civil Aviation Ministry.
He said he would also work closely with all airlines to
ensure on-time performance of all flights.
"I am very grateful to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and Congress President Sonia Gandhi for reposing faith and
trust on me for giving me such a big responsibility," Ravi
said in reply to questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof