Traffic chaos in South Delhi due to protest
New Delhi: Traffic ran out of gear in South
Delhi on Wednesday night due to diversions and disruptions in the wake of
the protest against the demolition of a religious structure
illegally built on government land.
People had a tough time reaching their homes due to
diversions and traffic congestion which hit Ring Road and
other arterial roads.
Traffic was blocked at Nizamuddin crossing on the busy
Delhi-Mathura Road the whole day as demonstrators were
protesting the demolition at Jangpura-B. It led to huge
traffic pile-up at Ashram Chowk as well as near Hotel Oberoi.
Reaching localities like Jangpura, Defence Colony, Bhogal
and Ashram prove difficult. While Mathura Road stretch was not
open for vehicles, entry points through a parallel road were
blocked by placing water pipes on roads.
Passengers headed to Nizamuddin railway station were a
harrowed lot as protestors and police did not allow any
vehicle on the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore