Traffic chaos in South Delhi due to protest
New Delhi: Traffic ran out of gear in South
Delhi on Wednesday night due to diversions and disruptions in the wake of
the protest against the demolition of a religious structure
illegally built on government land.
People had a tough time reaching their homes due to
diversions and traffic congestion which hit Ring Road and
other arterial roads.
Traffic was blocked at Nizamuddin crossing on the busy
Delhi-Mathura Road the whole day as demonstrators were
protesting the demolition at Jangpura-B. It led to huge
traffic pile-up at Ashram Chowk as well as near Hotel Oberoi.
Reaching localities like Jangpura, Defence Colony, Bhogal
and Ashram prove difficult. While Mathura Road stretch was not
open for vehicles, entry points through a parallel road were
blocked by placing water pipes on roads.
Passengers headed to Nizamuddin railway station were a
harrowed lot as protestors and police did not allow any
vehicle on the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state