Traffic cop beaten up by Delhi-based scrap dealer, accomplice
Greater Noida: A Delhi-based scrap dealer and another person were on Monday booked for allegedly beating up a traffic policeman for intercepting them while they were driving on the wrong side.
The scrap dealer and his accomplice threatened and assaulted constable Rakesh Tyagi when he stopped them for driving on the wrong side of GT Road, a police official said.
Both the accused are absconding and a search is on for them, he added.
The clash caused a traffic snarl on GT road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players