Traffic diversion along JLN stadium
New Delhi: Delhi police on Sunday advised commuters to avoid Lodhi Road, Bhisham Pitamah Marg and Lala Lajpat Rai Marg in south Delhi during the day tomorrow and on Sunday evening due to certains events to be held at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium.
In the first event tomorrow, Dera Sacha Sauda, a spiritual organisation will organise a `Blood Donation Camp` from 7.30 am to 7 pm at the stadium.
About 20,000 volunteers are expected to visit the stadium for blood donation. They are expected to arrive in private buses, cars, Metro and shuttle service from Pragati Maidan to Lodhi Road, according to the traffic advisory released here. As a matter of policy, no parking will be allowed on Lodhi Road and Bhisham Pitamah Marg.
On Sunday, the organisation has arranged a `Mastro-Mast Ruhani Rubru Night` at the stadium from 4 pm to 10 pm. About 30,000 devotees are expected to attend this event.
Private buses and cars would be parked at Sunheri Pullah and Bara Pullah Cluster Bus Depots.
"Cars with stickers would be parked in parking lot No 2, Jawaharlal Nehru stadium. As a matter of policy, no parking will be allowed on Lodhi Road and Bhisham Pitamah Marg (on Sunday too).
"Detailed traffic arrangements have been made to ensure smooth and safe movement of motorists using the roads in the area," Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic), Anil Shukla said.
General motorists are advised to avoid Lodhi Road, Bhisham Pitamah Marg and Lala Lajpat Rai Marg tomorrow from 9 am to 5 pm and on Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm.
Subramaniam Bharti Marg, Max Mueller Marg, 4th Avenue Road and Jor Bagh road may be used as alternate roads to access the area of Lodhi Colony, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan