Traffic restrictions eased near India Gate, Raisina Hill
New Delhi: Traffic restrictions imposed near India Gate and Raisina Hill to contain protests over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl were eased on Monday even as protests continued in the capital.
Vehicular movement was allowed on Central vista of India Gate as well as cross traffic on Rajpath.
Metro stations, which were yet to be reopened, were also opened for the public.
Police had imposed locked down at India Gate and Raisina Hill following violent protests against the gang-rape incident.
Though traffic was allowed today, a large number of police personnel were deployed on approach roads to India Gate and Raisina Hill.
Small protests were held in the capital on New Year Eve in memory of the 23-year-old girl, who died on Saturday morning and cremated yesterday.
People gathered at Jantar Mantar in the morning. Some of the protesters were on hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!