New Delhi: The Delhi Traffic Police has announced an advisory in view of the Independence Day celebrations on August 15 (Saturday) and full dress rehearsal on August 13 (Thursday)
“In connection with the Independence Day Celebrations 2015, there will be Full Dress Rehearsal of the programme on August 13, 2015. This rehearsal will have same traffic restrictions as on Independence Day. There would be elaborate traffic arrangements to facilitate the movement of VIP vehicles, invitees and general public to reach the place of function and also to ensure safe and smooth flow of traffic in other parts of the city,” a Traffic Police advisory stated.
Traffic restrictions around Red Fort:
The following roads will be closed for general traffic from 5.00 am to 9.00 am and only labeled vehicles will be permitted:
1. Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail.
2. Lothian Road from GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail.
3. SP Mukherjee Marg from HC Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk.
4. Chandni Chowk Road from Fountain Chowk to Red Fort.
5. Nisad Raj Marg from Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
6. Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
Roads to be avoided:
Those vehicles which do not have parking labels for the rehearsal may avoid Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, Subhash Marg, JL Nehru Marg and Ring Road between Nizammuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge and take the route as advised.
Alternative 1: Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjang Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and reach their destinations in North Delhi and vice-versa.
Alternative 2: Reach Connaught Place – Minto Road – Bhavbhuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate – Shradhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Peeli Kothi – SP Mukherjee Marg and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
Alternative 3: Reach Nizamuddin Bridge to cross Yamuna – Pushta Road – GT Road and cross over to ISBT and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
Restrictions on movement of commercial transport and interstate buses:
1. Goods vehicles will not be permitted between Nizamuddin bridge and Wazirabad bridge from the midnight of 12.08.2015 to 1100 hours on 13.08.2015.
2. Interstate Buses will not be allowed between Maharana Pratap ISBT and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT from 0500 hours to 0900 hours. These buses may use GT Road, Wazirabad Road and NH-24.
Restrictions on movement of city buses:
Local city buses including DTC will not move on Ring Road from 0500 hours to 0900 hours on 13.08.2015 between Hanuman Setu and Bhairon Road ‘T’ point and take alternative route available.
Buses ordinarily terminating at Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Delhi Main Railway Station will be curtailed/diverted as below:
1) Opposite Ramlila Ground on JLN Marg for buses approaching from South and West Delhi. Pedestrians can approach Red Fort via Nukkar Faiz Bazar and Subhash Marg.
2) At Mori Gate and Tis Hazari for buses coming from North, North West and East Delhi via ISBT Bridge. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Pul Duffrin and SP Mukherjee Marg.
3) At Boulevard Road opposite Maharaja Agrasen Park for buses coming from North Delhi side from Ring Road. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Lothian Road –Chhatta Rail – SP Mukherjee Marg – Chandni Chowk –Esplanade Road.
Normal bus service will be restored after 10 am.
How to approach/reach important places:
1) Old Delhi Railway Station:
a) From South Delhi: Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Marg – Pul Duffrin – SP Mukherjee Marg to reach the Railway Station.
b) All other directions from Ring Road – Kela Ghat Road – Zorawar Singh Marg – Mori Gate – Pul Duffrin –SP Mukherjee Marg to reach the Station.
2) New Delhi Railway Station:
There is no restriction.
3) ISBT Kashmere Gate
a) From New Delhi and South Delhi: Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road – Boulevard Road.
b) From North Delhi: There is no restriction.
4) JPN Hospital
There is no restriction.
5) Kasturba Hospital:
Ajmeri Gate – Ajmeri Bazar – Chowk Hauz Quazi – Chawri Bazar – Chowk Barshabullah – Urdu Bazar.
Metro services will run as usual.