Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain
New Delhi: The Tuesday morning downpour in the national capital caused traffic snarls in several parts of the city. The met department has forecast more rain later in the day.
Traffic officials said there were jams on the Moti Bagh flyover and the road to All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"Traffic is also slow in Laxmi Nagar, ITO, Azadpur and Kashmere Gate," an official said.
Delhi Traffic Police posted alert updates on social networking site pages, pointing to slow vehicular movement in Mori Gate, Dhaula Kuan and Masjid Moth.
"The sky will remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature recorded on Monday was 34.6 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average. Humidity remained high at 83 percent.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- DNA : Analysis of CBI's letter sent to Kirit Somaiya in Air India scam case
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis reach 3rd round in French Open
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Alastair Cook misses out but pressure on visitors
- Parliament session will not bring rain, says Shah
- Lewis Hamilton wants softer tyres and more fun in Formula One