Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain
New Delhi: The Tuesday morning downpour in the national capital caused traffic snarls in several parts of the city. The met department has forecast more rain later in the day.
Traffic officials said there were jams on the Moti Bagh flyover and the road to All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"Traffic is also slow in Laxmi Nagar, ITO, Azadpur and Kashmere Gate," an official said.
Delhi Traffic Police posted alert updates on social networking site pages, pointing to slow vehicular movement in Mori Gate, Dhaula Kuan and Masjid Moth.
"The sky will remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature recorded on Monday was 34.6 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average. Humidity remained high at 83 percent.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review