Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain
New Delhi: The Tuesday morning downpour in the national capital caused traffic snarls in several parts of the city. The met department has forecast more rain later in the day.
Traffic officials said there were jams on the Moti Bagh flyover and the road to All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"Traffic is also slow in Laxmi Nagar, ITO, Azadpur and Kashmere Gate," an official said.
Delhi Traffic Police posted alert updates on social networking site pages, pointing to slow vehicular movement in Mori Gate, Dhaula Kuan and Masjid Moth.
"The sky will remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature recorded on Monday was 34.6 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average. Humidity remained high at 83 percent.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31