Train services stalled for four hours
Kolkata: Train services came to a halt on Howrah-Burdhaman line under Eastern Railways for about four hours on Monday following snapping of overhead wire near Belur in Howrah district.
Several long distance and local trains remained stranded in different stations from 6.20 am to 10 am, railway sources said.
Railway engineers made the system operational after repair work, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh