Train services stalled for four hours
Kolkata: Train services came to a halt on Howrah-Burdhaman line under Eastern Railways for about four hours on Monday following snapping of overhead wire near Belur in Howrah district.
Several long distance and local trains remained stranded in different stations from 6.20 am to 10 am, railway sources said.
Railway engineers made the system operational after repair work, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players