Transport scam: Complainant seeks SIT probe
New Delhi: A court here has posted for hearing on April 22 an application seeking constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for a "fair investigation" into the alleged corruption in fitness test of commercial vehicles and grant of contract for it by Delhi government to a private company.
Special Judge Narottam Kaushal will hear the matter along with the pending matter on the issue in which three persons have already been arrested and the case is under probe.
The application for setting up an SIT was filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg on whose complaint an FIR was registered and the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government was entrusted with the probe by the Special court.
Garg said the SIT should be "set up under an IPS officer who is not below the rank of joint commissioner for fair investigation."
The activist had in his complaint last year alleged that the contract for lane test of commercial vehicles before grant of fitness certificates was granted by the Delhi government to a private firm ESP India without inviting any tender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva