Transport scam: Complainant seeks SIT probe
New Delhi: A court here has posted for hearing on April 22 an application seeking constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for a "fair investigation" into the alleged corruption in fitness test of commercial vehicles and grant of contract for it by Delhi government to a private company.
Special Judge Narottam Kaushal will hear the matter along with the pending matter on the issue in which three persons have already been arrested and the case is under probe.
The application for setting up an SIT was filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg on whose complaint an FIR was registered and the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government was entrusted with the probe by the Special court.
Garg said the SIT should be "set up under an IPS officer who is not below the rank of joint commissioner for fair investigation."
The activist had in his complaint last year alleged that the contract for lane test of commercial vehicles before grant of fitness certificates was granted by the Delhi government to a private firm ESP India without inviting any tender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand