Transport scam: Complainant seeks SIT probe
New Delhi: A court here has posted for hearing on April 22 an application seeking constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for a "fair investigation" into the alleged corruption in fitness test of commercial vehicles and grant of contract for it by Delhi government to a private company.
Special Judge Narottam Kaushal will hear the matter along with the pending matter on the issue in which three persons have already been arrested and the case is under probe.
The application for setting up an SIT was filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg on whose complaint an FIR was registered and the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government was entrusted with the probe by the Special court.
Garg said the SIT should be "set up under an IPS officer who is not below the rank of joint commissioner for fair investigation."
The activist had in his complaint last year alleged that the contract for lane test of commercial vehicles before grant of fitness certificates was granted by the Delhi government to a private firm ESP India without inviting any tender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about