Trap corrupt policemen, Kejriwal tells rally
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Thursday urged autorickshaw drivers to trap policemen who demand bribes by recording their voice on mobile telephones.
"I ask you to record or do a sting if any policeman demands money or issues an illegal challan," the former chief minister told a rally here of thousands of autorickshaw drivers.
Kejriwal pledged to act against the corrupt policemen if and when the Aam Aadmi Party returned to power in Delhi.
Addressing the rally at Ramlila Maidan in the heart of the capital, AAP leader Manish Sisodia asked the police to stop harassing the drivers of autorickshaw which he described as Delhi`s lifeline.
Nemi Chand, one of the autorickshaw drivers at the rally, told IANS: "The police didn`t harass us during AAP rule. We will again bring the AAP back to power in Delhi."
The AAP announced a helpline (85888-33553) for autorickshaw drivers to lodge their grievances against the authorities.
Kejriwal was chief minister of Delhi for 49 days at the head of a minority AAP government until he resigned Feb 14 this year.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched