Trap corrupt policemen, Kejriwal tells rally
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Thursday urged autorickshaw drivers to trap policemen who demand bribes by recording their voice on mobile telephones.
"I ask you to record or do a sting if any policeman demands money or issues an illegal challan," the former chief minister told a rally here of thousands of autorickshaw drivers.
Kejriwal pledged to act against the corrupt policemen if and when the Aam Aadmi Party returned to power in Delhi.
Addressing the rally at Ramlila Maidan in the heart of the capital, AAP leader Manish Sisodia asked the police to stop harassing the drivers of autorickshaw which he described as Delhi`s lifeline.
Nemi Chand, one of the autorickshaw drivers at the rally, told IANS: "The police didn`t harass us during AAP rule. We will again bring the AAP back to power in Delhi."
The AAP announced a helpline (85888-33553) for autorickshaw drivers to lodge their grievances against the authorities.
Kejriwal was chief minister of Delhi for 49 days at the head of a minority AAP government until he resigned Feb 14 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you