Trauma centre deaths: Arrested employees sent to JC
New Delhi: Two persons arrested in connection with the death of four patients at government-run Shushruta Trauma Centre were on Thursday remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Chhavi Kapoor remanded supervisor Madanlal Sharma and technician Amit Singh Katoch to judicial custody.
Madanlal and Amit were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in North Delhi on Tuesday.
Sharma and Amit are both employees of a private firm which had been given the contract for supplying Oxygen gas cylinders to the hospital and maintain its centralised gas plant.
On Tuesday, four critically ill patients who were on ventilator in intensive care unit had died due to an interruption in the oxygen supply from the centralised gas plant of the government-run hospital.
The duo had the responsibility of regulating the oxygen supply, said the police. One of them had allegedly switched off the oxygen supply while carrying out some repair work at the plant.
Police have booked them under section 304A (causing death due to negligence) and 287 (negligent conduct with respect to machinery) of IPC after the Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital filed a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH