Trauma centre deaths: Two hospital employees arrested
New Delhi: Two employees of a Delhi government-run hospital were arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of four patients allegedly due to malfunctioning of oxygen supply machine.
A senior police official said the duo were charged for death due to negligence (Sec 304-A of IPC).
Madanlal Sharma (66), supervisor, and Amit Singh Katoch (25), technician, were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi yesterday, the official said.
"It was due to their negligence that the deaths took place. We are questioning them," he said.
Police had yesterday registered a case under Sections 304A and 287 of IPC after Dr Vikas Rampal, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, filed a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding