Trauma centre deaths: Two hospital employees arrested
New Delhi: Two employees of a Delhi government-run hospital were arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of four patients allegedly due to malfunctioning of oxygen supply machine.
A senior police official said the duo were charged for death due to negligence (Sec 304-A of IPC).
Madanlal Sharma (66), supervisor, and Amit Singh Katoch (25), technician, were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi yesterday, the official said.
"It was due to their negligence that the deaths took place. We are questioning them," he said.
Police had yesterday registered a case under Sections 304A and 287 of IPC after Dr Vikas Rampal, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, filed a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption