Trauma centre deaths: Two hospital employees arrested
New Delhi: Two employees of a Delhi government-run hospital were arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of four patients allegedly due to malfunctioning of oxygen supply machine.
A senior police official said the duo were charged for death due to negligence (Sec 304-A of IPC).
Madanlal Sharma (66), supervisor, and Amit Singh Katoch (25), technician, were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi yesterday, the official said.
"It was due to their negligence that the deaths took place. We are questioning them," he said.
Police had yesterday registered a case under Sections 304A and 287 of IPC after Dr Vikas Rampal, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, filed a complaint.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis