Trauma centre deaths: Two hospital employees arrested
New Delhi: Two employees of a Delhi government-run hospital were arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of four patients allegedly due to malfunctioning of oxygen supply machine.
A senior police official said the duo were charged for death due to negligence (Sec 304-A of IPC).
Madanlal Sharma (66), supervisor, and Amit Singh Katoch (25), technician, were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi yesterday, the official said.
"It was due to their negligence that the deaths took place. We are questioning them," he said.
Police had yesterday registered a case under Sections 304A and 287 of IPC after Dr Vikas Rampal, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, filed a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened