Trauma centre deaths: Two hospital employees arrested
New Delhi: Two employees of a Delhi government-run hospital were arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of four patients allegedly due to malfunctioning of oxygen supply machine.
A senior police official said the duo were charged for death due to negligence (Sec 304-A of IPC).
Madanlal Sharma (66), supervisor, and Amit Singh Katoch (25), technician, were arrested following investigations into the incident which took place in Shushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi yesterday, the official said.
"It was due to their negligence that the deaths took place. We are questioning them," he said.
Police had yesterday registered a case under Sections 304A and 287 of IPC after Dr Vikas Rampal, Additional Medical Superintendent of the hospital, filed a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman