Travel agent held for raping a minor
New Delhi: A travel agent has been arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl several times since March in Tehkhand locality of the South East district, police said on Saturday.
Mehandi Hassan, a resident of Tehkhand in Okhla Phase II, was arrested on October 15 soon after he returned from Malaysia, a senior police official said.
"Hassan had allegedly raped the 13-year-old girl, who was known to the accused`s wife and visited her since March, after giving her a glass of water laced with sedatives.
He also threatened her after she regained consciousness and later raped her several times," said Ajay Chaudhry, ACP South-East district.
The girl reported the matter to police on October 11 but Hassan allegedly escaped to Malaysia after his wife came to know about his crime.
29-year-old Hassan, who is a diploma holder in Mechanical engineering, runs a travel and ticketing business in Bharat Nagar in New Friends Colony.
He is a permanent resident of Madhya Pradesh and married a Chinese national named Leo in 2006, but divorced her in 2008. Later he married a girl who was working as a secretary in his company.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan