Treat people with compassion: Delhi CP to new SIs
New Delhi: Treat people approaching you like
the way you want your family members to be treated by police
-- this was the advice of Delhi Police Commissioner to 336
Sub-Inspectors who were inducted into the force on Saturday.
Addressing the Sub-Inspectors after their passing day
parade here, Gupta said they should treat "distressed" people
approaching them with compassion.
"People come to police station because they are in
distress. Please treat them with compassion. Treat them the
way you want your family members to be treated by police," he
He also asked them to use technology to the optimum as
it will supplement human resources. Technology has improved
like anything and the force should use it for the benefit of
people, he said.
Noting that these SIs will undergo training in police
stations across the city for the next one year, he said the
new recruits will be of help in solving the pending cases as
they will strengthen the force.
"We are the force for the capital. I want the force to
be officer-oriented as per the needs of the capital," he said.
Among the new recruits are 57 post graduates besides law
graduates and management degree holders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?