Tremors in Delhi as quake shakes Hindukush
New Delhi: The national capital and some
adjoining areas felt slight tremors on Monday afternoon due to a
moderate earthquake in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
The quake, with a magnitude of 5.7 in the Richter scale,
occurred at 1519 IST, the MeT Department said in Delhi.
It was epicentred at 36.5 degree North latitude and 70.9
degree East longitude.
"Slight tremors were felt here due to the quake in
Hindukush region," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'