Tremors in Delhi as quake shakes Hindukush
New Delhi: The national capital and some
adjoining areas felt slight tremors on Monday afternoon due to a
moderate earthquake in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
The quake, with a magnitude of 5.7 in the Richter scale,
occurred at 1519 IST, the MeT Department said in Delhi.
It was epicentred at 36.5 degree North latitude and 70.9
degree East longitude.
"Slight tremors were felt here due to the quake in
Hindukush region," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family