Tremors in Delhi as quake shakes Hindukush
New Delhi: The national capital and some
adjoining areas felt slight tremors on Monday afternoon due to a
moderate earthquake in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
The quake, with a magnitude of 5.7 in the Richter scale,
occurred at 1519 IST, the MeT Department said in Delhi.
It was epicentred at 36.5 degree North latitude and 70.9
degree East longitude.
"Slight tremors were felt here due to the quake in
Hindukush region," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed