Tremors in Delhi as quake shakes Hindukush
New Delhi: The national capital and some
adjoining areas felt slight tremors on Monday afternoon due to a
moderate earthquake in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
The quake, with a magnitude of 5.7 in the Richter scale,
occurred at 1519 IST, the MeT Department said in Delhi.
It was epicentred at 36.5 degree North latitude and 70.9
degree East longitude.
"Slight tremors were felt here due to the quake in
Hindukush region," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?