Tremors in Delhi as quake shakes Hindukush
New Delhi: The national capital and some
adjoining areas felt slight tremors on Monday afternoon due to a
moderate earthquake in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
The quake, with a magnitude of 5.7 in the Richter scale,
occurred at 1519 IST, the MeT Department said in Delhi.
It was epicentred at 36.5 degree North latitude and 70.9
degree East longitude.
"Slight tremors were felt here due to the quake in
Hindukush region," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security