Trifurcated MCD to get more allocations
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday earmarked Rs 1,831 crore as non-plan loans to the newly-trifurcated municipal corporations.
Besides this, the Delhi government plans devolution of funds to the tune of Rs 2,400 crore to the local bodies by way of non-plan grant share in `Basic Tax Assignment and Incentive for Municipal Reforms` in the budget.
This is as per the recommendations of the Third Delhi Finance Commission.
Under plan heads, Rs 1,746 crore is being provided. The total amount earmarked for the three corporations in the current financial year would be Rs 5863 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city