Trifurcated MCD to get more allocations
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday earmarked Rs 1,831 crore as non-plan loans to the newly-trifurcated municipal corporations.
Besides this, the Delhi government plans devolution of funds to the tune of Rs 2,400 crore to the local bodies by way of non-plan grant share in `Basic Tax Assignment and Incentive for Municipal Reforms` in the budget.
This is as per the recommendations of the Third Delhi Finance Commission.
Under plan heads, Rs 1,746 crore is being provided. The total amount earmarked for the three corporations in the current financial year would be Rs 5863 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study
- Overuse of antibiotics harming India's fight against TB: The Lancet
- Common diabetes drug may cut weight in autistic kids