Trinamool to contest all Delhi Lok Sabha seats
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress will fight all seven seats in Delhi in the coming Lok Sabha polls, party national general secretary Mukul Roy said here Monday.
Roy also said social activist Anna Hazare and Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee will address a joint rally next month in Delhi. The rally could be held at the Ram Leela ground.
He said Indira Tiwari, the grand daughter of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and railway minister Kamalapati Tripathi, would contest from Varanasi on a Trinamool ticket. Tiwari recently joined the Trinamool.
In Jharkhand, the Trinamool will form a pre-poll alliance with Jharkhand People`s Party.
Meanwhile, two websites - www.mamataforindia.com and www.didiforindia.com - have been launched as part of the campaign. Both websites contain speeches and photos capturing various milestones of Banerjee`s political career.
Hazare recently met Banerjee and said the country will change if she is at the helm.
The Banerjee-Hazare bonhomie began after Banerjee replied to a letter sent by the anti-graft crusader, who sought her comments on whether she would implement a 17 point agenda containing pro-people policies if voted to power.
Banerjee was the only leader to reply to Hazare`s letter, sent to all political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!