Trinamool to contest polls across India: Mamata Banerjee
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said her Trinamool Congress party will contest the Lok Sabha elections across the country.
"Trinamool Congress will contest throughout the country. Anna Hazare will decide candidates in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala," Banerjee told CNN-IBN in an interview.
"If the maximum seats come to us, we will decide... we want to take part in the centre," she added.
Social activist Anna Hazare Wednesday said he will campaign for Trinamool candidates in the Lok Sabha polls.
Asked whether she sees herself as an aspirant for the prime minister`s post, Banerjee said: "I would like to take part at the centre but that will be decided by Annaji and my party. Democracy will decide the prime ministerial candidate not me or you."
Banerjee earlier said her party will contest from Assam, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur. "In north and south India, we will talk to Anna and contest after taking his advice."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway