Trinamool to contest polls across India: Mamata Banerjee
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said her Trinamool Congress party will contest the Lok Sabha elections across the country.
"Trinamool Congress will contest throughout the country. Anna Hazare will decide candidates in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala," Banerjee told CNN-IBN in an interview.
"If the maximum seats come to us, we will decide... we want to take part in the centre," she added.
Social activist Anna Hazare Wednesday said he will campaign for Trinamool candidates in the Lok Sabha polls.
Asked whether she sees herself as an aspirant for the prime minister`s post, Banerjee said: "I would like to take part at the centre but that will be decided by Annaji and my party. Democracy will decide the prime ministerial candidate not me or you."
Banerjee earlier said her party will contest from Assam, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur. "In north and south India, we will talk to Anna and contest after taking his advice."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!