Trio arrested for vehicle thefts, chain snatching
New Delhi: Three men allegedly involved in at
least 23 cases of chain snatching and vehicle theft were
arrested here, police said on Thursday.
The arrested men have been identified as Rohit (22),
Sangeet (23) and Laloo (42), the receiver of stolen materials.
Two gold chains and two stolen motorcycles were seized from
The three were apprehended from Rohini yesterday. With
their arrests, police claimed they have solved 21 cases of
snatching and two cases of motorcycle theft.
"They along with another associate used to target women
and snatch their gold chains," DCP (Crime) Ashok Chand said.
Laloo allegedly bought snatched gold chains from the
accused persons at 70 percent of the price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra