Trio arrested with drugs worth Rs 4 cr
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday claimed to have smashed a drug syndicate, with the arrest of three youths and recovery of heroin and Phenobarbital worth around Rs four crore.
The trio, identified as Rafique (30), gang leader Raheesh (24) and Amit (22), were apprehended from Nangloi on March seven, they said. Two kg of Phenobarbital and 2.75 kg of heroin were seized from them.
Police said Amit was the first to be arrested allegedly with 500 gms of heroin.
During the search of a house in Nangloi, Raheesh was apprehended with 750 gms of heroin, besides one kg Phenobarbital and packing material. The duo was interrogated and this led to the arrest of Rafique.
"They used to heroin to many parties in Punjab and small drug paddlers in slums in Sadar Bazar for the last about three years," police said. One kg heroin was recovered from Rafique`s possession.
"During subsequent raids at Rafique`s house in Loni, 525 grams of heroin, one kg of Phenobarbital and few packing material was also recovered," police said. Rafique told police that he was into supplying heroine for the last 10 years, they said.
"He also told police that he used to get supply of heroine from his contact persons in Bihar and Jharkhand, and supply the same to Amit and Raheesh in Delhi," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH