Truck drivers injure two traffic cops
New Delhi: Two traffic policemen were injured in an attack by truck drivers after they intervened in a quarrel between truckers and a biker in southeast Delhi, police said on Friday.
Head Constable Major Hussain and Constable Sunil, who were patrolling the MB Road near Pul Prahladpur, were injured in the attack near the Institute of Child Development on Wednesday.
During patrol at around 10 PM, the duo saw a traffic jam and came to know that it was due to an altercation between a truck driver and a biker after a minor accident.
The two stopped and began to regulate traffic. It was then the errant truck driver and others started pelting stones at them.
Two of the attackers, identified as Parmeshwar Yadav, 25, and Virender Yadav, 23, were arrested from the spot.
The incident came a day after Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg and another senior officer had a close shave when a truck tried to mow them down despite being flagged down near the DND flyway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what