Truck drivers injure two traffic cops
New Delhi: Two traffic policemen were injured in an attack by truck drivers after they intervened in a quarrel between truckers and a biker in southeast Delhi, police said on Friday.
Head Constable Major Hussain and Constable Sunil, who were patrolling the MB Road near Pul Prahladpur, were injured in the attack near the Institute of Child Development on Wednesday.
During patrol at around 10 PM, the duo saw a traffic jam and came to know that it was due to an altercation between a truck driver and a biker after a minor accident.
The two stopped and began to regulate traffic. It was then the errant truck driver and others started pelting stones at them.
Two of the attackers, identified as Parmeshwar Yadav, 25, and Virender Yadav, 23, were arrested from the spot.
The incident came a day after Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg and another senior officer had a close shave when a truck tried to mow them down despite being flagged down near the DND flyway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report